ARMA Calgary Chapter Seminar: April 2 2008
10 Biggest Issues in Records Management Today
Speaker: David O. Stephens & Vendor's Showcase (from 3-5pm)
Metropolitan Conference Centre
333 4 Avenue SW, Calgary
Online registration at:
$345 Registration (Incl. ARMA Membership)
$75 Full Time Students
$175 Full Time Students (Incl. ARMA Membership)
The ten issues are:
1. The growing role of records management a significant issue in organizational management.
2. Records management’s transition to the management of electronic records in the (nearly)
3. Sarbanes-Oxley and the role of records management in corporate governance.
4. Records management’s role in regulatory compliance and litigation risk reduction.
5. The impact of September 11th and records management’s role in enhancing information
6. Getting to (nearly) perfect in records retention.
7. The role of electronic records retention in improved data life cycle management.
8. Bringing records management / retention to the desktop and the messaging environment.
9. The significance of the new software solutions for electronic records management.
10. The role of records management in digital preservation.