The Top 5 titles from the Alberta Readers' Choice Award have been announced. Public voting begins on May 1st.
As you will see in the release, this year’s top five books and their champions are:
• The Grizzly Manifesto by Jeff Gailus (RMB); championed by Ken Chapman, lawyer, social commentator, blogger and one of Alberta Venture Magazine’s 50 Most Influential People of 2010
• Too Bad: Sketches Toward a Self-Portrait by Robert Kroetsch (U of A Press); championed by Kirk Heuser, Edward R. Murrow Award-winning journalist, CBC News Calgary
• Cinco de Mayo: a novel by Michael J. Martineck (Edge Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing); championed by Janet Lane, Executive Director of Literacy Alberta
• Bitter Medicine: A Graphic Memoir of Mental Illness by Clem & Olivier Martini (Freehand Books); championed by John Estacio, award-winning Canadian composer and JUNO nominee
• Letters from the Lost - A Memoir of Discovery by Helen Waldstein Wilkes (AU Press); championed by Sharon Budnarchuk, co-owner of Audrey’s Books in Edmonton
Banners and advertising resources for libraries will soon be made available at http://www.